VETERAN SAILORS WELFARE ASSOCIATION
How to file for Special Pension
Before you file your claim for the special pension, please ensure that you fulfill the following requirements:
A. Have joined Indian Navy on before 3 July 1976
B. Were released from Indian Navy on or after 3 July 1976.
C. Have completed 10 years or more service in Indian Navy.
D. Were not given SNLR by Indian Navy.
If you fulfill all the above conditions, you are eligible for Special Pension as per Supreme Court Judgement dated 27 Oct 2016.
Other entries in your IN 271 regarding reservist pension does not matter. Please note that you are applying for special pension and not the reservist pension.
How to apply :
We have prepared a draft application which can be downloaded from this link.
1. Download the draft application from this link.
2. Fill in draft application with your address and particulars.
3. You need not to attach any documents.
4. Send the application to the address given in the draft application preferably by Speed Post.
5. Keep a photocopy of the application for your records
5. Track your speed post at www.indiapost.gov.in and take the print out of when your application is delivered, and keep it for your records.